UB LEISURE ONLINE AUCTIONS
Auction Ends in
1. Quick and easy registration
2. Visit us instore to view the products (visit UB Leisure)
3. Test drives are encouraged
4. Secure bidding as users pay to bid
5. Price you bid is the price you pay (includes VAT, excludes delivery)
6. Auction will be visible for 3 days prior to the start and are live for 1 day
How to get started
1. Must be a registered user to participate (register now)
2. Once registered, you will have access to our online auction platform where you can view all products on auction
3. All products are available for viewing in store (visit UB Leisure). You have until the auction ends to view the product
4. Highest bidder wins – good luck!
1. Rules of auction
RULES OF AUCTION in respect of sales by UB LEISURE (Pty) Ltd (“UB Leisure” or “we” or “us”) – Registration Number: 2017/188413/07 situated at 34 Banghoek Cresent, The Willows 340-Jr, Pretoria.
Contact details: +27 12 331 1224
Date, time and location of the Online Auction: As reflected on our website.
1. All products sold by auction will be subject to a reserve price, unless specifically stated otherwise by the auctioneer at the start of the auction.
2. The auctions are subject to a right to bid by or on behalf of UB Leisure. These Rules of Auction comply with section 45 of the Consumer Protection Act, Act 68 of 2008 (“the Act”) and the Regulations of the Act.
3. Each product is, unless there is evidence to the contrary, regarded to be the subject of a separate transaction.
4. The reason for the auction is the normal and voluntary disposal of the product by UB Leisure.
5. The auction will start on the published day and time and it will not be delayed allowing any specific person or more persons to take part in the auction.
6. UB Leisure will take no responsibility for any interruption in internet connection resulting in the Buyer being disconnected from the auction, be it the Buyer’s or UB Leisure’s internet connection, for any reason whatsoever, including the loss of a potential purchase, should the bid not be recorded due to the system disconnecting.
7. Bidder’s wishing to view the product on auction may do so either online or at UB Leisure’s premises.
8. An offer made by a Buyer before the auction may at any time be accepted by the auctioneer and if this happens the relevant product will be withdrawn from the auction. If the offer is not accepted before the auction, that offer will be placed as a bid on the final day of the auction.
9. The purchase price of the product sold by auction specifically includes all fees applicable other than delivery charges. For more details on the delivery view clause 12.
10. Risk in and to the goods will pass to the Buyer on the fall of the hammer. Despite the passing of risk, ownership will remain with UB Leisure until the purchase price has been paid into our bank account and the payment is final and complete.
11. The product will not be delivered to the Buyer until the Buyer has paid and complied with all of its payment obligations to UB Leisure.
12. The Buyer will arrange for the removal of the purchased product at the time indicated by UB Lesure. Should the Buyer fail to take delivery of the product, UB Leisure will be entitled to charge the Buyer a removal fee, storage fees, insurance and other expenses and any costs incurred which will become due and payable on demand before delivery of the purchased lots.
13. The parties specifically agree that no bid may be withdrawn after the bid has been accepted unless UB Leisure consents to such withdrawal in writing.
14. Subject to any reserve price placed on any of the goods by UB Leisure, the Buyer at any sale by auction will be the highest bidder indicated by the auctioneer by the fall of the hammer or by such other means as the auctioneer may select.
15. The auction will take place under the direct and exclusive control of the auctioneer. The auctioneer reserves the right, in his/ her sole discretion, to refuse the bid of any person, to regulate the bidding and to indicate the highest bidder. If the auctioneer suspects that a bidder has not made a bona fide bid, or is unable to pay the purchase price or has not made satisfactory arrangements for payment of the purchase price, he may refuse to accept the bid of such bidder or accept it provisionally until the bidder has satisfied him/her that he/ her is in a position to pay the purchase price or that he/ she has made satisfactory arrangements for payment thereof. On refusal of a bid under such circumstances the goods may immediately be re-auctioned.
16. In the event of a dispute arising amongst the bidders and / or the auctioneer, the goods in dispute will, at the sole discretion of the auctioneer, be re-auctioned.
17. Any error by the auctioneer will be entitled to be corrected by him or her immediately upon discovery.
18. The products sold at the auction are sold “as is” without any warranty whatsoever. The Buyer will have no recourse (claim) whatsoever against UB Leisure including any latent or patent defects present in the product at the fall of the hammer. By entering a bid, the Buyer confirms that he/she was given enough opportunity to inspect the product.
19. UB Leisure has no obligation to test the product to determine whether it is in full working condition or to register the product in the name of the Buyer. Should this be required, UB Leisure will be entitled to charge an additional fee for such services, which will be due and payable on demand and must be paid before the delivery of the product to the Buyer.
20. The Buyer will, prior to the sale, check and determine whether there are any defects in the product and any bid by a Buyer will be considered as acceptance of the product with any patent or latent defects in the product’s condition at the time of sale.
21. UB Leisure does not warrant the odometer reading as correct as we do not know the full history of the product. We can further not warrant that the product has never been damaged or, if so, that it has been repaired to the manufacturer’s specifications.
22. UB Leisure does not warrant that the product purchased on auction will be usable and durable for a reasonable period, having regards to the use to which it would normally be put and all surrounding circumstances of its supply.
23. The Buyer will not be entitled to withhold payment of the purchase price to UB Leisre as a result of any possible or pending claim that he/she may have against us on the grounds of misrepresentation or for any other reason whatsoever.
24. The purchase price is payable by the Buyer to UB Leisure by means of electronic funds transfer (“EFT”) on the date of sale (“the payment date”). UB Leisure reserves the right to refuse any other method or means as payment. Payment by way of EFT will only be regarded as final and complete as soon as the funds transferred reflect and are available in our bank account.
25. Anyone that intends to bid at the auction (prospective Buyer) must register his or her identity on the bidder’s record before the beginning of the auction and such registration must meet the requirements of FICA (the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, 2001) in respect of the establishment and verification of the identity of the person. The prospective Buyer must sign the registration form and give the Auctioneer a copy of his/her identity document and proof of residence (not older than 3 months).
26. Any natural person (human being) who buys a vehicle on behalf of another natural person must furnish the auctioneer with a written signed power of attorney, before the beginning of the auction, failing which he/she will be personally liable for payment of any purchases made by him/her. The person bidding on behalf of or signing any document on behalf of the purchaser in terms of a successful bid hereby binds himself/herself personally as co-principal debtor with the Buyer for payment of the purchase price and personally guarantees all the obligations of the Buyer under these Rules of Auction.
27. A natural person who attends the auction, to bid and to sign the bidder’s record, on behalf of another legal person (i.e. on behalf of a company or legal entity) must produce a signed letter of authority that expressly authorises him or her to bid or sign the bidder’s record on behalf of that person. Where a person is bidding on behalf of another entity the letter of authority must appear on the letterhead of the entity and must be accompanied by a certified copy of a resolution, authorising him or her to bid on behalf of the entity. The person bidding on behalf of or signing any document on behalf of the Buyer in terms of a successful bid hereby binds himself personally as co-principal debtor with the Buyer for payment of the purchase price and personally guarantees all the obligations of the Buyer under these Rules of Auction.
28. In the event where a Buyer allows another person to purchase on his or her Buyer’s number, the registered Buyer will be liable for payment of such purchases. No bid by an unregistered Buyer will be accepted by the auctioneer and the Buyer will have no claim to any of the product he/she claims to have bought. The Buyer is responsible for all actions on his or her account and the use of his or her password.
29. UB Leisure and the Buyer confirm that any action brought by UB Leisure against the Buyer may be brought in any competent Court. This agreement will be governed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
30. A certificate issued by a manager of UB Leisure, whose appointment and authority will not be necessary to prove, will be sufficient (prima facie) proof of the amount owing by the Buyer to us.
31. Any indulgence (lenience) granted by UB Leisure will not prejudice (affect) its rights in terms of these Rules of Auction and such indulgence will not be seen as an amendment or waiver or novation (change) of these Rules of Auction.
32. The entries made in the vendor’s roll will be prima facie (accepted, unless shown to be incorrect) evidence of the transaction and will be binding on UB Leisure and the Buyer.
33. The bidder’s record and the vendor’s roll will be made available for inspection within a reasonable time after the auction at the office of the auctioneer during normal business hours free of charge.
34. Any product may be withdrawn from the auction at any time before the beginning of the auction. If no bid equals or exceeds the reserve price, if any, the product may be withdrawn from the auction.
35. UB Leisure and the auctioneer accept no liability for any withdrawal of products from the auction.
36. In the event of the sale requiring the consent of any statutory authority or any court of law, then this auction will be subject to the granting of such consent.
37. To the extent permissible in law, the Buyer hereby consents to the payment of attorney and own client costs in the event of any legal action being instituted against the Buyer by UB Leisure.
38. Any agreement or addition/ variation or amendment which is in conflict with (different to) these Rules of Auction will not be binding on the parties unless it is confirmed in writing and signed by a manager of UB Leisure.
39. If any clause or term of these Rules of Auction is invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the remaining terms and provisions of these Rules of Auction will be deemed to be severable (removable) from it and will continue in full force and effect unless such invalidity, unenforceability or illegality goes to the root of these Rules of Auction.
40. Default by Buyer: Should the Buyer refuse or otherwise fail to pay the purchase price within 2 business days from the date of the auction, UB Leisure will be entitled to:
40.1 claim interest from the Buyer at the prime interest rate calculated from the date of purchase to date of payment; and/or
40.2. repossess the product to resell same at the risk of the defaulting Buyer who will be liable for all costs in connection with the resale and any loss or damage incurred, and will not be entitled to any profit that may arise from the resale; and/or
40.3. institute legal proceedings for the payment of any amount owing or for the return of the goods ; and/or
40.4 claim specific performance and/or claim damages from the Buyer; and/or
40.5 recover our legal costs from the Buyer calculated at the Attorney and own Client tariff as well as collection, tracing, storage and transport costs, and/or
40.6 retain in pledge any goods or other property in our possession belonging to the Buyer as security for the due fulfilment of any obligation owed to UB Leisure.
41. UB Leisure and/or the auctioneer reserve(s) the right to change these Rules of Auction in writing.
42. It is unreasonable to expect UB Leisure to have discovered any unsafe characteristic, failure, defect or hazard, in any of the products we sell having regard to our role in marketing the products to consumers and the fact that we did not manufacture the product. For this reason we cannot accept any liability for any failure in the product or any consequential losses that may result from such failure.
43. By entering a bid any prospective Buyer binds himself or herself (agrees) to these Rules of Auction, as well as any special conditions of sale set out in the auction catalogue.
UB Leisure is fully committed to the Consumer Protection Act. For ease of reference, please find a link to the Consumer Protection Act Regulations:https://www.gov.za/documents/consumer-protection-act-regulations
2. How do I know which products are available for online auction?
There is a dedicated area for products available for auction and a user must be registered in order to view this area of the website. Register Here On the auction’s page, you will see all the products available for auction along with the following details
- Auction start date and start time;
- The vehicle’s starting bid price;
Click on the product to read about in it more detail.
3. Do I need to register for an Online Auction?
Yes. You will need to register an account and verify your email address to take part in the auction.
4. How do I register, step by step?
1. You can register via the Login link in the menu or by registering here. On verification of your email, you will be allowed to view all information relating to auctions.
5. What's the process after I win the bid?
You will receive communication notifying you of your win. Upon the close of the auction, you have 3 days to pay for the product. (A payment link will be visible only to you on the product page). Once funds are cleared you have 3 days to organise collections/delivery of the product. (Delivery not included in auction price)
6. Am I allowed to arrange finance for an Online Auction vehicle?
Yes. You will need to be preapproved prior to taking part in the auction. Apply for Finance.
*Please note: not all products will be available for finance.